CS123 Introduction to Software Engineering
1st Semester, 2004-2005
John Paul Vergara, PhD
- Final Exam on Thursday, October 14
Coverage: C++, Design Patterns, Structured Analysis and Design,
Project Management, Testing, CMM, and Projects 2 & 3.
Question types follow the same format as the midterm.
- Final Project to be demonstrated on Wednesday, October 13,
between 1-5pm, in F224.
All group members should be present. Setup your
system before the demo. Bring updated UML diagrams. Indicate
responsibilities of the different group members.
There is no need to submit anything by email
A signup sheet will be available in the department.
- Due in class, September 23: Activity/task network, Timeline Chart,
- September 9: Sample files for Project 2 are now available.
Comply with the formats given in those samples.
- Project 2 specs are now available in the Projects section.
You may work in pairs for this assignment.
- Midterm exam moved to 31 August, in class. Some pointers:
- Make sure you can draw UML diagrams given descriptions or some code.
- Make sure you can write Java/C++ code that correspond to a UML diagram.
- Question breakdown: definitions/identification/enumeration ~30%, UML ~40%, C++ ~30%
- Here are the source codes for the quiz given August 24:
9am section ,
1030am section .
- Midterm exam on August 26, in class. All material up to C++.
- August 20: The C++ Sample Code link
has been updated.
- August 3: The MS Visio software is available through F205.
- July 29: Restaurant Application Group Homework.
Use case list/diagram due today,
all UML diagrams due next week. Read "Homework 1" section below for details.
- July 20: IMPORTANT!
You need to RESUBMIT project 1
to this email address:
Your email should contain the subject line "CS 123 Project 1".
Submit no later than Thursday (July 22), 11:59pm.
- July 9: Welcome to this website!
Projects / Homework
- Project 1: Due 19 July, 11:59 by
printouts due, in class, the following day
Sample Input File
- Project 2: Due 23 September, 11:59pm.
- Project 3: Due last day of regular classes
(to be presented in a lab)
- Homework 1
Restaurant Application ,
Additional Specs ,
- List of use cases or use case diagram due July 29, 11:59pm
- All UML Diagrams drawn using MS Visio due August 5, 11:59pm.
Submit a zip file containing the Visio files and send by email
with subject line "CS 123 HW 1". The zip file should contain:
- Class Diagram (include essential class details only)
- Use Case Diagram
- State Diagram for Table class
- Interaction Diagrams for use cases b, d, and f (only) specified in the first file