AITI 1st Trimester, 2004-2005
John Paul Vergara,PhD
- October 4: Notes for this evening's lecture have been posted.
Take note of the final exam on October 11 during class time.
Coverage is comprehensive although most of the questions
will be about the most recent topics (sorting, graphs, and the lecture today).
- Submit a 1-2 page description of a sorting algorithm not discussed
in class. You are strongly encouraged not to consult other references
unless you feel you have run out of ideas. Desribe your algorithm
in pseudeo-code together with a one-paragraph description.
You may work in pairs.
Submit by Monday, September 13, in class.
Include a sample trace for a sample input of at least 10 elements.
- September 6: Today, I will wrap-up on the sorting problem
and you will have an graded in-class exercise
on sorting--you may work in pairs.
- Midterm exam on Aug 30. Coverage is up to Sorting Part III.
- August 4: Submit the following exercise
by Friday, August 6, 11:59pm.
Be careful about the case where the queue is empty
and you perform an enqueue,
and the case when the queue has one element and you perform a dequeue.
- July 26: I will not come in today but I have instructed
the staff to let you in the lab to carry out an exercise
(you are encouraged to complete this exercise before class on August 2).
Also, the first written homework, due August 2, is posted on the Assignments
- Welcome to this web page!
Visit this site regularly for updates and announcements.
- First written homework on order arithmetic
due August 2.
- Programming exercise due August 6.
- Course Syllabus: